Saturday, October 2, 2010

Who Is He? Why Is He Here? What Does He Do? Why Does He Do It?

First of all, welcome to my new blog. You probably already know me, but if you don't, I am Alyx (Alex, Alexander, Alyxandru) and I review books at Electrifying Reviews. At heart, I am a writer. So, it was perfectly natural for me to start this blog.


But why do I write the most incredible genre ever? Well, because I love it! I read and review young adult books nonstop. The next step was obviously to write them! I always have ideas rolling around in my mind, but you know I am serious about one if it gets a title and cover and is placed in the 'My Books' tab... right up ^there^. 


I write every sort of YA book. Paranormal romance, dystopian, magic, apocalyptic, romantic comedies, thrillers, horror, and everything else. I write the kind of books that I read. I read the books that I love. 


Does this mean that I always love what I write? No, it does not. Sometimes, I feel like throwing my computer out the window (I live on the second story) when I am writing. But most of the time, I am fully entranced in the world I write.


I hope that one day, you will be too.

8 comments:

  1. Love the new blog. It's great! Best of luck on your writing and enjoy the time you spend doing it. :)
    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the whole want-to-throw-the-comp-out-the-window-thing when writing and the ideas floating your head. Do you ever just get inspiration out of no where?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you, Alex, but you don't really need luck. You have talent, passion and a generous heart. That will take you far in life!

    Hugs from your pseudo-granny lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started writing when I was 11 because of the enormous amount of books I consumed at such a rapid pace and the immensity of my love for them. I'm 22 now, and let me tell you, my love for writing has only increased! My pulse races quicker with each breath I take as I sit before my computer, sometimes cleverly and sometimes not-so-cleverly crafting my worlds where just about anything is liable to happen.

    I'm excited about your blog, the fact that you write, and that you intend to share that writing with the world! It's because of people like you that I further enjoy "the most incredible genre ever!" I never read a book w/o knowing your review on it first!

    Keep up the awesomeness! And thanks for your reviews; they're epic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new blog, Alex. Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea, Alex! I'm eager to see what this blog brings the writing community. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Blog! Do you have an inkpop?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for helping me reach my dreams!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Greymouse Kind of Magic kit by Irene Alexeeva