On the first day of NaNoWriMo 2010, I wrote 6,711 words. That is around 13%. I think that is pretty damn good. If I keep up this rate, I should have my 50,000 done in about eight days. But that is never going to happen, and I know it. I am probably going to be stressing out during the last few days of November just like most people, trying to squeeze out those final words.
I am keeping my goal at 2K per day. I have proved to myself that it is manageable and with the head start I already have, I should be able to win NaNo.
Some things I have learned from my first day of NaNoing are as follows...
- Have a few pillows to sit on. Your ass WILL hurt.
- Candy is not a sustainable substance to eat the entire day. It will make you want to make yourself puke.
- Don't go into it with a negative attitude. If you don't think you're gonna do well, you probably won't.
- Get a buddy to word war with. Almost all of my writing was done during word wars with Jackie that lasted from half an hour to an hour. They help a lot.
- (From Jackie) Make sure you know what you are going to write before you write it. Outlining helps.
If you don't want to do NaNo because you keep hearing how hard it is, don't worry. I know it is just one day in, but if you know what you are going to write and are excited to write it, you should be able to do it! Just keep writing!
See you tomorrow,