Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 1

So here's what happened.

I started to write a book. It's a really serious book and it's about a girl who gets raped, tries to tell people she trusts, but they don't believe her. I got about fifty words in and realized that if she told an adult or counselor or something, they would have to believe her. So I decided not to write that since I didn't have it figured out enough.

So then I started writing Charmed, which is also known as the Leprechaun Book. I wrote 269 words of that, and think it's off to an okay start. I wasn't able to write any more because my new bookshelves arrived, and I had to set them up. It took five hours, and I didn't finish until 11:30. And it's a school night, so yeah.

What'd I'd really like to work on is the #magicmgwip, but I've already started writing that and have about 1,000 words of it written already. Plus, I seriously doubt that book will amount to 50,000 when it's finished.

The problem I face is that right now I don't think I am capable of making Charmed the best it can be, so I am worried to write a terrible book. I did that last year, and it resulted in me not writing for... a year. I know rough drafts are supposed to be... rough, but I want something I can at least work with.

So I don't know what to do. I'll have to write at least 3065 words tomorrow to get caught up, so yeah. I'll do that I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Keep going! You can do it! :) Giving up won't get you anywhere, but sticking to it... that'll get you somewhere. You may not know where, but that's the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for helping me reach my dreams!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Greymouse Kind of Magic kit by Irene Alexeeva