Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 8

Success! Yesterday I said I had a plan to get back on track with NaNoWriMo. And I have accomplished that! If my calculations are correct, I wrote just enough words today that I can write the regular amount tomorrow and get all caught up. But, despite me having an A+ in math, I'm not that good at it, so I could be totally off. NOTE: I did the calculations again, and I was so off. It looks like I'm going to have to write 3500 words tomorrow to get caught up. I'm so dumb.

Today I had a really traumatic experience, and this next paragraph has nothing to do with writing, so read it if you want, or don't. The thing is, I have my leaner's permit, and I was driving home with my mother in the passenger seat, and my sister in the backseat. I am driving through "town" (which, there's like 1000 people in my township, so I use the word 'town' loosely), you see. It is dark because of daylight saving time, and because I am in "town", I can't have my brights on. So I'm driving along, when all the sudden a black and white cat runs into the road. It's only a few feet in front of me, and I freeze up and don't know what to do. And then I ran it over. I felt it's little body get ran over, and I started crying right then and there. My mom laughed at me, and told me she once ran over a squirrel on a moped. She's ridiculous. So yeah, I just needed to get all of that out.

Anyway, I wrote all night, from when I got home after running that cat over, until now. I had insecurities about my NaNo today, and am in that "this is the worst thing ever, I might as well quit writing forever" stage that I'm sure I went through last year, but cannot remember. I hope I'm not the only one this happens to.

Words written today: 2053
Total word count: 11618 (I'm in the five-digits range!)

3 comments:

  1. Awh! I once was in a car and watched another car run over a cat. I wouldn't stop crying for an hour, so I can only imagine how you felt. My dad and brother laughed at me the whole time. I went to that spot the next day and buried the cat! :/

    But good job writing 2000 words! And no, you're not the only person who feels like their work is horrible. I get that feeling all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, poor Alex :( I hit and killed a raccoon a couple years ago, and I cried immediately. I had to go into work like that, too, bawling my eyes out. It is totally traumatic. You will forget it, in time. Try to keep your mind on other things.

    Like writing! I bet you're glad to have NaNo to bury yourself in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Alex! I'm the kind of girl who brakes for animals (I'm getting a bumper sticker that says that) but try not to think about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for helping me reach my dreams!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Greymouse Kind of Magic kit by Irene Alexeeva