Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 30

I did it. I did it! I won NaNoWriMo. Second year doing it, and my second win. This year, it was a challenge. I was ready go give up so many times but thanks to a very special supporter, I marched on and wrote. And you know what, it feels awesome.

It was really easy to get the words out today. Every day should be the last day of NaNo, because that made me just want to write in a way I usually don't. And now that I've won, it's so worth it.

So, now I just have to finish writing the book. Sure, I have those 50,000 words all written down on that nice Word doc, but now I have to write the ending. I am just about there too, just one more scene to go until Charmed (the title needs to be changed, also) is done.

So, what's next? Well, I am going to let the book sit for a month, like I said yesterday. And I'm going to keep writing. That's my number one priority right now, not waiting for NaNo again to write again. I want to write my middle grade book I started in October from December to probably February. Besides that, I want to write at least two more books next year, not including next year's NaNo. Can I do it? I don't know. But I am going to try.

Also, I got a critiquer tonight. It's that special supporter/cheerleader who made me want to finish NaNo this year, and I wouldn't want anyone else to help me with my writing than her. She's blunt and brutal, and kind and supportive. The perfect person to tell me what I need to fix, and what's perfect the way it is, in my opinion.

To all of those people who did NaNo this year, you rock. If you won, yay! We won! If you didn't, WRITE ALL OF THOSE WORDS TONIGHT. Seriously, do it. You'll feel so good about yourself if you do.

4 comments:

  1. Most adorable picture ever! Love me some Diet Coke :)

    Congratulations! I won today, too... 50,213 words! Yay! I'm not going to be glancing at this novel for a few months yet... it needs a long time to sit and think about what it's done, lol. Now I'm back to my revisions. Such a relief to have November over, but I know I'll miss it in a few weeks! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new motto for writers: "Treat every day like it's the last day of NaNo." That should get the blood pumping.

    And now you know the importance of having a plan and sticking to it, not beating yourself up if you don't, catching up if you need to, and persevering against all odds. I learned so much from watching you complete this year's NaNo, but the biggie (even though it sounds cliche) is that, if you believe in a project, you should never give up on it. I needed that. Boy did I NEED that. And I'm so glad this isn't the farewell address I thought it would be! I'm hanging the belt in the closet for now, but I'll still be in touch! So yay!

    Ciao for now,
    Deserae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and Becca, you deserve a huge round of applause, too! Congrats on winning! I love good news--- it sounds like apple cider fizzling, smells like something baking, tastes like freaking victory, and looks beautiful no matter which way you turn your head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!! I've looked forward to reading your writing posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for helping me reach my dreams!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Greymouse Kind of Magic kit by Irene Alexeeva