Sunday, November 20, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 20

I actually did write today, even though I didn't think I would. I had only a few hours to write, and was only able to write a few hundred words today. But it's... I don't know. I don't want to say it's okay, but I don''t really feel bad about it.

The thing is, I don't want to have to spend all of my free time writing. I want it to be something I can do, and dedicate time to, but not the thing that dominates everything else in my life. At least for now. I have so many things I do every single day, and writing can't just be... it.

Should I feel this way? Am I not a real writer because I don't want to write every second of my free time? I feel like I'm wrong, that I'm doing it all wrong. I don't know.

Words written today: 387
Total word count: 24011
Recommended word count: 33333

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I think you're doing it right! As writers, we have to devote ourselves to our craft, yes, but we shouldn't be BOUND to it. Overindulgence in anything can be detrimental.

    By doing other things, you're allowing yourself to collect more topics of discussion, more things to feel passionately about, more people to draw inspiration of, and more experience in general. And you're also allowing oxygen to flow to your brain which I *hear* is a good thing, you know, for survival and all that.

    So don't let how you're feeling now make you feel like any less of a writer. Writers write, right? Right! So don't be deterred--- learn to accept your method and keep marching on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for helping me reach my dreams!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Greymouse Kind of Magic kit by Irene Alexeeva